Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Hallow's Eve!

Tomorrow is the good ol' Halloween and I am excited!

haha, not really. I had my fun last night. Steffany Chriss and I went out to dinner and to a dance dressed as a cowgirl and cowboy. I won the coin toss, so I got to be the cowboy this year. :)

I am waiting for the picture to be emailed, but once it arrives, I will be sure to post.

I had almost the entire outfit. I had a brown Royal Stetson hat, a brown cowboy-style button down, short-sleeve shirt, jeans with killer (cow-patterned) belt buckle, cowboy belt, and even a Winchester revolver (yes, a real one) on my hip.

All I was lacking were the boots (and spurs).

Maybe next year I can find a pair of boots my size.





Today was another start of a great adventure.

Today was my first day working (on the floor) of the Chandler Apple Store!

I worked from 10:00 AM until 6:15(ish) PM. Yeah, that's a long time to be on your feet. (and it's also a long time to be on my feet.) Don't worry, I wasn't on my feet the ENTIRE time, just most of it. :P

Here is a picture of me looking exhausted.


So... don't think I'm complaining.
Because...
I LOVE MY JOB!
(Really, I do!)
I met so many great people today! Not only all sorts of people, young and old, from here in the Valley of the Sun, but I met a couple hot guys from Norway. They have been here for a week to skydive here in AZ! Isn't that awesome!?! Basically, electronics are super expensive in Norway, because of import taxes, or something like that, so they were doing a bunch of shopping for all their friends back home. The first guy that approached me pulled out a list, and just started naming off things he needed, iPod nano 16GB, iPod Touch 64 GB, Beats by Dre headphones, Nike Sport Kit, 1 TB Time Capsule, etc, etc, etc. That was a fun experience! (plus, did I mention? They all had awesome accents, some stronger than others. I think there was even one guy who didn't speak English)

Another thing I LOVE about my job is everyone I work with. They are all the best. Seriously. They are all different, and bring something spectacular to the table to work with, but they truly are each the best in their area. (I'm not sure what they think I'm the "best" in... we'll have to work on that...)

I love that I can go to ANY one of my colleagues to ask them a question, and they will always be more than willing to answer and help out. It is such a great work environment, I love it! (The only thing I would change would be the hard wood floors. We all should have squishy ground to walk on like they have at the parks' playgrounds.)

Well, anywhoze... I'm tired, I think I'll head to bed, grab my netbook, and watch a movie. :)

Oh, in other news, I have changed my major from Electrical Engineering to Communications. (yes, I know that it is the cop-out major, and most people who major in that learn absolutely nothing...) I have realized I am really good at one thing, and it's something that many others aren't good at, in fact, many people are terrified at it. (No, I don't mean my amazing skills at doing the hula-hoop while it's on fire)

Public Speaking.

Yeah, I know many of you will shudder and cry from just hearing those two words combined into one action.

I love it.

I want to go into the field of being a motivational speaker. I think I fit the requirements:

1) You must not be afraid of speaking in public.
2) You must be a little bit funny (depends, but comedy can help).
3) You must be good looking.
4) You must understand that the third requirement is actually a joke, but not required (unless you also plan on writing a best-seller with your face on the cover)
5) You must have had something happen in your life, or you must have dealt with something challenging in which you can then overcome to help people overcome their challenges in their life, no matter how big or small. (luckily for me, I didn't have to get in a plane crash, or be the first black/blind/broke whatever...)

So... let me know what you think. Hopefully more people than close friends and family think I'll do well.

Now I just need to figure out how to start speaking. If anyone has any suggestions, or knows of anyone who can help out, I am MORE THAN ABLE to accept any and all help!



Love you all!

TTN
(Ta-Ta NEVER! Which means I will always be there for you, and I will never leave you)

2 comments:

  1. Nate! I've missed you blogging..glad to see you updated! I'm glad you love your job. As for the motivational speaker, I think it's a GREAT idea. I'd listen =) I think you would be wonderful at it. :) Miss you my friend
    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you would be great as a Public Motivational speaker! I mean you were he best speaker at our Graduation and didn't seem nervous at all! And if you need video proof form that you have got it if you bough the overpriced graduation DVD :) And you are the best person to motivate people with because if Nate Tucker can do it so can I!!! Okay I'm done being on a soap box for now :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me whatcha think