Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Grandest of Them All!

Today, as we left Kanab for our 6 hour drive home, we took a nice little democratic vote, and decided to go and visit the Grand Canyon! Jake, being the only one who hasn't been there, didn't want to go, but everyone else did. (Once we got there, and went to the lookout point, he didn't want to leave)

Here are a few pictures of the lovely occasion.

Grand Canyon - North Rim


Me, Jake, and Archie at the overlook point
(I didn't get the memo about wearing a blue shirt)

Archie, Me, and Jake up at the top of the hike

I even found a Butterfly on the front of the truck when we stopped for ice cream outside of the canyon.
(It was stuck... and when I mean stuck, I mean splattered=stuck. Too bad, it was such a beauty)

Oh, I almost forgot. We actually got lost while at the Grand Canyon. We were walking around in circles at the visitor's center and the lodge, just trying to find bathrooms and ice cream. (We only found one. No ice cream :( sad day)

Other than the lovely detour, we had an uneventful trip, which is usually a good thing. We made it home safe and sound. We also listened to more Harry Potter 7. Such an awesome story!

When we arrived at our door at 10:30 PM, it was still 105 outside, as well as inside our house. It took about 20 minutes to cool it down, but I'm good now.

I have decided that I love Kanab, and hopefully I can have a summer home there someday. With only an hour's drive to Powell, and the wonderful country/cowboy feeling of the town, who wouldn't want to call it home?

1 comment:

  1. i need to check the grand canyon! i've still never ever been.
    trav has verizon, i have t mobile.
    he has me on his favorites list, but we never set one up for me. bleh!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me whatcha think