Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I'm Just Sitting, Waiting, Wishing...

...that I knew what I am doing.

Why am I still awake?
What am I listening to?
Why do I hear colors?
Does anyone else feel this way?
How do I fix it?
Can I stop it?

The world is spinning. She tells me her secrets. I tell her mine. We exchange stories. I love her. She loves me. We can make this last forever. This is a different LOVE than what people talk about in stories. It is the love a father must have for a daughter. What an older brother must feel for his younger sister. She IS my younger sister. I don't want her to be sad. She won't be happy. I want her to be happy. She lights up my world when she sings. When she smiles, I smile. When she dances, I almost want to dance. I do dance. I want to make her happy.
Why can't I be a better brother? What can I do to change this?

I hope I make you happy.
I hope I protect you from getting hurt.
I hope I will never let you down.
I hope I will always be there for you.
Because
You have always been there for me.
You have never, ever let me down.
You have never hurt me.
You make me happy.

Je t'aime

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me whatcha think